Just Don't Do it.. #2


Before reading this episode, think of the following from your college day memories. So that you can relate the incidents easily to your life.

 

I.                    The person you always want to be with

II.                  Your good or best friend

III.                The person you had crush on

IV.                The most surprising moment of your life

Now proceed with this episode.

 

I SAW THE MOST UNEXPECTED SCENE OF MY LIFE.

Just imagine, you are very eager for your life time trip and when u reach the bus it is very silent without any sound and you can't even see your friends. Yes, as you all imagined at that time my heart beat was like a 100 meter athlete. I opened the curtain with trembling hands and saw the scene. As soon as I opened the curtain everyone shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANJAY". That moment only I remembered that day as MY BIRTHDAY. Yes, they all had planned a surprise for me. I forgot my birthday in the tour excitement. Now only I remember mom made PAAYASAM in morning. But, why no one wished me in home too??? But, I was not able to laugh or think anything. I was in shock until Sanjana and Santosh came near me and shook my hand. Everyone was sitting around the cake waiting for me to open the curtain of the bus. Even they had included the bus driver in this play. They took me to the cake and everyone sang the 'Happy Birthday' song.

 

Now I had no words for them. I was unable to say thanks too. I was dumb struck. Sanwir wiped my wet eyes and gave me the knife to cut the cake. I thanked everyone and took the first piece of the cake.

 

'First piece to whom?' Aishwarya asked me in a sarcastic tone.

 

'Who else? Obviously Sanjana!!!!' Priya answered in witty voice and the girls started to giggle. I saw Sanjana  and she came near me. She took another piece and gave it to me and she had the first one from me.

 

'I think there is no harm in taking the first piece of cake from my best friend.' She told the girls and wished me again. This is the one thing really I like in her. She always does what her mind feels. She won't do anything for others. To be frank, she is the first girl whom I felt as "BHRATHIYIN PUTHUMAI PEN". My mobile rang and I came to conscious. The call is from my home.

 

'Hey Sanjay, MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY. Your friends called yesterday evening and told us about the surprise and requested us not to wish you in morning. Sorry Sanjay'. My dad wished me.

 

'Thanks dad. Everyone really shocked me with this. It is really great!!' After dad, mom and Ajay wished me. Mom told me about the sweets in my bag and asked me to give it to my friends. As soon as the call is over, 'Machi, when is the treat?!' Maama Ram sorry sorry Raja Ram asked me from my behind. He is called as "MAAMA RAM" by everyone in the campus of our college. He is the guy around whom the whole laughter will take place. He will talk very seriously, but everyone will laugh when he is serious.  The main reason is his appearance and costumes. He will completely shave his face and always have a round "santhana pottu" in the centre of his forehead, he also will have a "kumkum" in the centre of the santhana pottu. He will comb his hair neatly by applying gel. The most important factor is the way he carries his bag. He will always bring a leather kind of bag under his arms. Not only his bags, he also took his certificate file under his arms to the interview. His interview session itself was a great EVENT for the whole college. He went to the interview with his file under his arms. Seeing that the placement officer took the file from him and told him

 

'Don't carry file under your arm. It is not decency. Carry them in your hands.'

 

'Sir, I feel very comfortable carrying like this. I cannot change my position for anyone.' Maama ram told and started to walk. Hearing this placement officer got fear and he himself carried the file for him till the interview panel. But, interview is not about just carrying file! After the usual 'tell me about you', seeing the resume the interviewer asked him

 

'In which school you studied your 10th standard?'

 

'In Seshadri Vidya Mandir.' Maama answered with a serious tone.

 

'Where is it?' still keeping his eyes on the resume.

 

Maama got up from his seat and went near the interviewer and dragged the file to his end a little and pointed his finger on the resume and said 'Here it is.' After saying this Maama came to his seat and sat with his usual serious face.

 

Interviewer, '!?!?!?!'

 

After some 3 minutes interviewer came to normal and made himself ready to ask his questions.

 

'Are you comfortable with technical questions?'

 

'Yes.'

 

'Which is your area of interest?'

 

'Well, my area of interest is ADAYAR!!!!' Maama answered on a very very serious look now.

 

The interviewer came to the front of his seat and asked' 'WHAT?!?!?!' Now Maama was very cool and told 'Yes, it is a great place to be frank. You can get anything in and around Adayar. Even Besant Nagar beach is very near to Adayar.' Maama became a brand ambassador for Adayar.

 

'Could you please stop it!!!. I asked about you area of interest in your studies. Your favorite subject!!' The interviewer face became red.

 

'Oh, ok ok. My favorite is Electronic Circuits.' Maama was very cool and serious too.

 

'OK. What are the two types of transistors?'

 

'Well, the types are trans YOUNGER SISTER and trans ELDER SISTER!!!!!' Maama told in a serious voice and with the cool look of course. That was the last question from that person to Maama and we hope that was the last question from him to anyone else.

 

'Sanjay, the journey is about to begin da. Come let's get settled.' Sania called me and everyone started to settle among ourselves. At this point I have to tell about our gang. We are 6 people and our gang name is

 

SANs

 

Yes, we 6 are SANjay, SANTtosh, SANwir, SANjana, SANdya and SANia. We are not even friends from school days. We all met in our second semester lab only. We 6 were formed into a group accidentally. From there we are together. I, Sanwir and Sanjana are the naughtiest of our gang. Santosh won't talk much, he will always have his statements in crisp. Sanwir is a good cricket player and he is part of our college cricket team. Sandya is basketball and throw-ball player and she also represented our college in those events. I and Sanjana were the members of college literary club. During our final year we were the main coordinators for the club activities. Santosh is the drums player in our college musical band. Sania is the brainy of our gang, not only our gang in the whole department she is the brainy. She tops the department in all the exams. She usually plays chess and carom only (brain games). She is the one who teaches us during the exams. We all will study together during exams in anyone's home. Mostly we will study in my home. Since I am from outer part of Chennai, all will come to my home like a vacation.

 

Sandya is a kind of boyish. Her hair cut and her mannerisms will be like a boy. Sania is the baby of the gang. She will believe everything you tell. Very innocent and calm. Sanwir is the Romeo of the whole college. He will always try to impress girls. Usually he will try to impress senior girls. He won't accept Sandya as a girl itself. But, Sandhya likes him a lot. According to her he is her best friend and a person more than that. Sania is a diehard fan of Santosh and she is his first critique too. After every performance Santosh will just see Sania and after her comments only he will smile. I and Sanwir usually go together for sighting. During the fresher joining day we will become the volunteers for the girls side.

 

We all settled in the seats and now Sanwir became very bright. The reason is simple, everyone sat down and only the seat near Sanwir was empty and Neha is still standing. Neha is the most beautiful girl on earth (according to Sanwir only). She will be good looking, but, too much of makeup and style. So, most of the guys will look at her like a costly Race bike. Everyone wants to see the bike but only a few will think of owning it. Sanwir was one among those few. Neha came close to the seat and Sanwir gave her a romantic look (remember Koundamani's romantic look). He closed his eyes and got ready for the travel with Neha.

 

She sat near him and said 'Hi.'

 

She held his hands in her hands. She touched his face with her fingers.

 

'Hey Sanwir, leave my hands!!! Are you seeing palmistry for me??' Sandya asked in a strange voice.

 

Sanwir opened his eyes in a shock and searched for Neha. She was sitting in the parallel seat along with Priya.

 

Then only he realized that as a dream. 'Why you came here? Neha was about to sit here!' Sanwir asked in a low angry voice to Sandya.

 

'She only asked me to sit here. You were sleeping that time. So only you did not notice that.'

 

'Damn it. I didn't sleep. I was dreaming about her.' Sanwir gave a look like poet Vairamuthu.

 

'Oh. I confirmed one long time doubt now'.

 

'What is that?' Sanwir asked in a very eager voice.

 

'You are not HALF MENTAL, you are a FULL MENTAL!' Sandya said that and we all laughed at Sanwir. But, Sanwir was still looking at Neha with the same ROMANTIC LOOK.

 

Santosh and Sania started to talk, no Sania started to talk and Santosh was just nodding his head as usual.

 

I and Sanjana started to plan some mischievous stuff to keep everyone awake. The main specialty in our gang is there is nothing called boys talk or girls talk, we had guys talk only. Generally, we will discuss everything within the gang. Now Sanwir called me and Sanjana from behind and told us the tour plan again.

 

Directly the bus goes to Cumbum in Theni district. There we all will bath in 'Suruli Falls' and after breakfast we start to a place called 'Kulamaavu' near 'Idukki Dam' in Kerela. We had seen the pictures of the place and it seems to be a great natural gift to the mankind. There we are staying for two nights and a day. After that we are moving on to other places.

 

Sanwir wanted to bring a cheer among everyone. So he suggested playing Dumb-C in the travel.

 

Sandya said 'ok let's play that.'

 

'Ya, it will be good too.' I accepted Sanwir's idea.

 

'But, let's play antakshari now and can play Dumb-C after we finish our dinner in Vilupuram.' Sania said and Neha said 'OK' for that. So, as you all expected Sanwir said 'Ya, that's a great idea.' And Sandya also said the same. I and Sanjana became Romans in this Rome. We all started with the game. There will be two teams. The first 8 rows from one team and the rest form the other team.

 

Neha started the game with the song 'Lesa Lesa....'

 

'Oh God, what a great singer she is!!' Sanwir exclaimed with his mouth open.

 

'Sanwir, could you please close the waterfalls from your mouth.' Sandya told and closed his mouth with her hands. 'She is singing good, but not so great.' She added more.

 

'You are Self-centered and conservative.' Sanwir sarcastically told her and continued to watch Neha.

 

'Why should I be conservative?' Sandya asked herself. But the answer was a few drops of tears from her eyes. She wiped off them without letting others know that.

 

The songs continued to flow and everyone became S.P.B, Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, Sujatha, Janaki and many more singers in the mean time. We all had our dinner at vilupuram with laughs and fun. We boarded the bus again to continue the travel and started playing Dumb-C as per Sanwir's idea. He tried a lot to talk with Neha and to sit near her. But, it all went in vain. The bus was full of fun and entertainment. With all the sounds and laughter the bus was going at an 80 Km/hr over the Cauvery Bridge at 1 a.m. in the morning.

 

The journey will be continued soooooooooooooon….

0 Responses